Saturday, November 26, 2011

Crochet Hook Mania

Lately, I have been covering lots of crochet hooks. They are my best seller on Etsy. The idea is to make the handle thicker so it is easier to work with. Crocheters like them a lot, and the possibilities for beautiful designs are endless.

Usually I use my own cane work, but recently a customer requested hooks with Silly Milly designs by Layl McDill. I have been a great fan of Layl's work for years, and I took a class with her at her studio once where I learned her method of cane making. This is the cane I made.

Even though I had seen her canes in person before, when they arrived at  my house I was blown away. The details and the bright colors are simply amazing and a feast for the eye. I could not stop smiling and started on my project right away. I feel very privileged to be able to work with these canes, they are simply precious.

Here are pictures of the Wizard of Oz series which will soon be available in my store (these are all sold already ;)):








1 comment:

Kristi Smart Romantic Fantasy Coats and Clothing. said...

Those are great. Some of us have a deep love for the Wizard of Oz. What better than a tool that fits the love?